Travel Money Tips & FAQs

Bringing cash into and out of the UK

If you are carrying cash of €10,000 or more (or it’s equivalent in another currency) between the United Kingdom and any NON -European Union country, you must declare it at the port or airport you are traveling from.

The form for making such a declaration can be found online or at your port of departure. Cash would include the following items:

  • Bankers’ drafts
  • Cheques of any kind (including traveller’s cheques)
  • Notes and coins


Foreign Currency Limits

You can look up online for information to see if there are any limits of foreign currency notes that can be brought either into or out of, your destination. This is particularly the case in Asian countries. Again, we advise looking up online.